Apple promoted the Macintosh as a way to free oneself from the assimilated and controlled masses! That's cool.
But hang on, I just read that Apple has taken out a Patent on Spyware. Surely not!?
Steve wouldn't stand for that!
Yes, it's true. Apple has taken a patent on a device that can track your mobile device and control it in any way Apple pleases.
Amongst other things, the patent states these capabilities:
- The system can take a picture of the user's face, "without a flash, any noise, or any indication that a picture is being taken to prevent the current user from knowing he is being photographed"
- The system can record the user's voice, whether or not a phone call is even being made
- The system can determine the user's unique individual heartbeat "signature"
- To determine if the device has been hacked, the device can watch for "a sudden increase in memory usage of the electronic device"
- The user's "Internet activity can be monitored or any communication packets that are served to the electronic device can be recorded"
- The device can take a photograph of the surrounding location to determine where it is being used.
Congratulations Apple! You get the 'Pinky and The Brain' Award for 2010:
...our 'Unification of Thoughts' is more powerful a weapon than any fleet or army on earth...
Today, we celebrate the first glorious anniversary of the Information Purification Directives. We have created for the first time in all history, a garden of pure ideology. Where each worker may bloom secure from the pests of contradictory and confusing truths. Our Unification of Thoughts is more powerful a weapon than any fleet or army on earth. We are one people, with one will, one resolve, one cause. Our enemies shall talk themselves to death and we will bury them with their own confusion. We shall prevail!